Shelbyville Homes & Real Estate
Welcome to your local Shelbyville, TN homes for sale & real estate resource. Affectionately known as "The Walking Horse Capital of the World," Shelbyville is one of the most equestrian-friendly communities in Bedford County, thanks to its many outdoor amenities and trails. Searching for further information on properties for sale in Shelbyville, including prior sales history, prices, and property disclosures? Set up a private home tour of any property listed below by contacting your LOCAL real estate experts today. Read more about Shelbyville real estate.
Jump to: Homes for Sale in Shelbyville | Shelbyville Real Estate Market | Shelbyville Amenities | Shelbyville Highlights | Shelbyville Schools | Contact an Agent
Homes for Sale in Shelbyville TN
See All Real Estate in Shelbyville
View TODAY's New Listings by beds/baths, lot size, listing status, days on market & more!
- Shelbyville 55+ / Adult Community Homes
- Shelbyville Condos
- Shelbyville Gated Community Homes
- Shelbyville Golf Course Homes
- Shelbyville Homes with Acreage
- Shelbyville Homes with Covered Patio
- Shelbyville Homes with Finished Basement
- Shelbyville Homes with Guest House
- Shelbyville Homes with Storm Shelter
- Shelbyville Homes with Swimming Pool
- Shelbyville Luxury Homes
- Shelbyville Multi-Family Homes
- Shelbyville New Construction
- Shelbyville Short Sale Homes
- Shelbyville Townhomes
- Shelbyville Vacant Land & Lots
- Shelbyville Waterfront Homes
Looking to buy or sell a home in Shelbyville? Call The Ashton Real Estate Group of RE/MAX Advantage, your local real estate team, at (615) 301-1650. Our Shelbyville real estate agents are here to help with the Shelbyville housing market.
Shelbyville Real Estate Search
This page is updated with Shelbyville home listings several times per day directly from the Shelbyville, Tennessee, MLS.
Each Shelbyville MLS listing includes: the property price, days on the market, square footage, year built, lot size, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, assigned schools, construction type, and other important details as entered by the listing agent in the MLS.
Review local Shelbyville property tax information and the current listing status (active, under contract, or pending). As available, numerous property features such as greenbelt locations, views, swimming pools, and Shelbyville community amenities, including parks and golf courses, will be listed.
Shelbyville Real Estate Market
The real estate market offers a unique collection of single-family homes on large lots, including many Shelbyville new construction homes. Most homes in the area have four bedrooms and three bathrooms, with an average of 2,200 to 2,800 square feet of living space. Average home prices range between $250,000 and $430,000. However, Shelbyville luxury homes for sale have prices that range from $1 million to $6 million.
Shelbyville Community Amenities
Shelbyville offers residents many things to do, including shopping the historic downtown square, fishing in the Duck River, or exploring the nearby Walking Horse Museum. Additionally, residents can enjoy beautiful neighborhood parks, historic hiking trails, and unique restaurants.
U.S. Route 231 and U.S. Route 41A intersect in Shelbyville, offering residents easy access to nearby towns, including Unionville and the city of Tullahoma.
The average commute for Shelbyville residents is approximately 30 minutes. Top employers in the area include Sanford Corporation, Calsonic Kansei, Cabal America, and Jostens. Tyson Foods and the Wal-Mart distribution center are also top employers in the area.
Shelbyville Local Highlights
- The scenic Duck River is the perfect place to go fishing or float around on a river described by National Geographic as being very ecologically diverse.
- Fly Arts Cultural Center is in the former location for Fly Manufacturing and showcases local plays and dinner theaters.
- Tennessee Civil War Trails includes a series of five-state trails to explore and see historic sites from the American Civil War.
- Jack Trail winds throughout the area, taking outdoor explorers to many historical sites, beautiful views, and nearby communities.
- Shelbyville Recreation Center offers residents a center to access a fitness center, wellness programs, social events, and community celebrations.
- The Shops at Main and McGrew is the place to go for antiques, collectibles, home decor, and much more.
Shelbyville School Information
The Bedford County School District operates the public schools serving Shelbyville residents, including East Side Elementary School, Harris Middle School, and Shelbyville Central High School. Private schools serving the community include Victory Baptist Academy and Christian Chapel. In addition, those looking for continuing education opportunities can register for Tennessee College of Applied Technology classes.
Those looking to buy a home in a historic town with access to many outdoor recreational amenities will want to check out the real estate market for Shelbyville, Tennessee.
Shelbyville, TN Real Estate Agents
Considering the purchase of a home in Shelbyville? Let our Shelbyville real estate experts guide you through the sale of your current residence or the purchase of your new Shelbyville property. As local real estate agents, we have insider knowledge on the dynamics unique to Shelbyville, Tennessee, real estate.
Connect with The Ashton Real Estate Group of RE/MAX Advantage to get more information about buyer or seller representation. Selling your Shelbyville property? Visit our market analysis page to receive a free home evaluation within minutes.
Search Homes For Sale in Shelbyville
Back to All Featured Communities